Thursday, June 13, 2013

Out for the day with Sue


I had a lovely day out with Sue yesterday. Sue is over from New Zealand visiting her kids in Brisbane so it was the perfect opportunity to meet "in real" for the first time. Sue and I have been blog friends since she first started blogging. I helped her set her blog up and guide her along the way when all things were new to her.


We had a lovely day having coffee, lunch and shopping...of course you have to shop. We did a couple of quilt stores and also some other shopping at the shopping centre. I just had to have another
owl and I saw this cute bird sitting on a spool that I couldn't resist either...I then saw these kitchen canisters that I "had" to have. I have been wanting new ones for a while now and these were just perfect. Not too big either and the colour was red...so just "me". Then of course I saw an oil burner I "needed" to have...and don't forget the fragrant soy wax melts to burn in it.




I made this little mug mat for Sue and couldn't resist getting her this cute tea cup and saucer. Then of course I had to add some Lindt chocolate to sweeten it all up some more.











 Bonnie and Camilles Happy-Go-Luck to make another table topper

Mama Said Sew to finish off a Twister topper that I have partly completed last year.

11 comments:

Karen Mallory said...

Fun day!! Lovely mat and cup!!

I am missing our CRAFT! What's wrong with Yahoo. :(

hugs Karen

Cheryll said...

It's always lovely to meet friends from blogland isn't it! Glad you had a great day out too! :)

Noela said...

Glad you had a fun day. Looks like to got to buy lots of goodies. Hugs....

Marilyn said...

Great lot of shopping there, Khris. Sounds like you and Sue had a lovely time - it is so good to meet up with bloggy friends.

creativedawn said...

Fabulous! meeting bloggy friends!!! I love the looks of that fabric shop and really shops are great places to meet and greet friends of all kinds...hugzzz. The owl and bird are beautiful. Those are some great looking canisters. Mug rugs and tea are really sweet..love it! Love it all!!!
hugz

Wacky Woman said...

oh how fun!!! Good haul to boot!

Elyte said...

Sounds like a fun day and there should be more of them.

Anita said...

great to meet another blogger in real life!
Love all your buys (of course LOL).....where did you get those cannisters - i loooove them!!

Cheryl's Teapots2Quilting said...

I saw a cute owl this week, and thought of you. Glad you found some owls. Love those red canisters.

Sew so crazy! said...

I love that bird on the spool!! Where did you get it from?? If you don't mind me asking..

Sew so crazy! said...

I love that bird on the spool!! Where did you get it from?? If you don't mind me asking..

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...