Sunday, February 17, 2013

So what's been going on....

 
Other than helping my daughter Sophie organise her wedding not a lot....hair trials, makeup trials, dress shopping.....OMG who ever said dress shopping was fun needs their mind read.....I am sure it has been one of the most painful things I have had to do for a long time.....give me fabric shopping any day...for a quilt that is....lol.

Last week however, I got to go out and meet a lovely blog friend for the first time. Michelle Ridgeway and I got to have a cuppa and cake over a lot of chit chat.....we had a wander around the shops and brought a few things in the store for our grand babies. It was a really lovely day out and I am sure we will be catching up again sometime soon.

I have been having a play with house blocks for a swap on my CRAFT group. Trying to do wonky...it is actually harder than I thought it would be. This is what I have come up with so far.....that was a couple of weeks ago though.

The wedding is taking up most of my time. Just thought I would pop a few lines up on the blog so that you all knew I was still around.


10 comments:

Marilyn said...

It is a lot of work, getting through the wedding shopping and things that need doing. but at least it is only a short time and then it is all over. Michelle is a gorgeous friend isnt she. Love it when we get to meet up.

Noela said...

Glad you had a great day out. Hope all the wedding plans are going well. Were you getting your dress or your daughters? Look forward to catching up soon. Hugs....

shez said...

your house blocks look great kris and what a lovely time you and Michelle had,i am hoping to meet with her later this year.xx

Elyte said...

Good luck with the wedding plans. Glad you took time out to meet with Michelle.

Lots of Fabric 2 said...

Hay Khris I dont envey you on the dress sherch,but your houses are looking good,I have gotting back to sewing after Paul heart surgery,he is coming along well as expected. are you back in your house after the flood have a good day jinnie

creativedawn said...

Okay...I am here again to leave a comment-tried on my cellie and that did not work. Lol, anyhoo, your houses are gorgeous and I look forward to our swap. Also hope you all take lots of pictures at the wedding! Sophie is going to be so beautiful!!!! you too...smile!
hugz

Michelle Ridgway said...

Lovely to catch up Khris. Your wonky house blocks are very cute. My purchases were met with big smiles.
Hugs x

Chris H said...

Your blocks are super cute!

IHaveANotion ~ Kelly Jackson said...

Meeting new friends is always fun.

I like your wonky houses...but you are right...they need some more wonky. But for peet sake...please don't ask me how to make them wonkier!

Kelly

creativedawn said...

Getting ready for a wedding is a lot to do!!! Your houses are still cute and I'm betting there hasn't been time to build more!!! Still reading your blog and looking forward to seeing some wedding pics! Have a great weekend!

big hugz
Pam

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...