Tuesday, February 19, 2008
A challenge ...You Can Only Type One Word(It's not as easy as it looks!!)
1. Where is your cell phone? handbag
2. Your significant other? cooking
3. Your hair? blonde
4. Your mother? painful :-)
5. Your father? passed :-(
6. Your favorite thing? life
7. Your dream last night? dunno
8. Your favorite drink? tea
9. Your dream/goal? happiness
10. The room you’re in? family
11. Your ex? Durwood?
12. Your fear? drowing
13. Where do you want to be in 6 years? travelling
14. Where were you last night? exercising
15. What you’re not? travelling
16. Muffins? blueberry
17. One of your wish list items? fabric
18. Where you grew up? Queensland
19. The last thing you did? slept
20. What are you wearing? nightie
21. Your TV? news
22. Your pet(s)? none
23. Your computer? friends
24. Your life? changeable
25. Your mood? quiet
26. Missing someone? Matthew :-(
27. Your car? RED
28. Something you’re not wearing? bra
29. Favorite store? fabric
30. Your summer? hot
31. Like someone? yes
32. Your favorite color? RED
33. When is the last time you laughed? today
34. Last time you cried? yesterday
35. Who will/would re-post this? friends
Friday, February 15, 2008
Well I am taking the plunge next Monday and starting the Atkins For Life Diet. I have brought his book and although there has been controversy surrounding his diet I do actually agree with what he is saying. I know my body well enough from years of yo-yo dieting and know my body just doesn't like or need the carbs I feed it. I have done low carb diets and it does work. The hard part is staying away from the carbs. I love rice, pasta, and breads but they just don't like me. I am struggling with insulin resistance. This doesn't allow my body to use the carbs up like it could when I was younger. I am not huge but I do need to lose about 10-15kgs to be healthier. I have had gestational diabetes, I take medication for high blood pressure and my family has diabetes and heart disease running rampant. Anyway, come Monday I am going to give it a good shot. Oh, and I wont forget the exercise. I am going to aim for at least 30 minutes walking 5 times a week. That is the minimum. Will add some pushups and situps for a bit of toning and will go and buy some hand weights to add some upper body strength and toning.
Tuesday, February 12, 2008
|You Act Like You Are 27 Years Old|
You are a twentysomething at heart. You feel like an adult, and you're optimistic about life.
You feel excited about what's to come... love, work, and new experiences.
You're still figuring out your place in the world and how you want your life to shape up.
The world is full of possibilities, and you can't wait to explore many of them.
I've been TAGGED! Thanks Julie!
1. Once you are tagged, link back to the person who tagged you.
2. Post THE RULES on your blog.
3. Post 7 weird or random facts about yourself on your blog.
4. Tag 7 people and link to them.
5. Comment on their blog to let them know they have been tagged.
So here are 7 things about me...
1. I was 15 years old when I had my first child Matthew - YES 15 - My mother was 36 and the best ever supporter - I couldn't have done it without her
2. My favourite movies and books as a teenager where about Vampires and Witches. I still love a good scary movie or action packed movies. Yeahhh Die Hard 4, Rambo, Rocky and Braveheart....lol..I think I should have been a guy...lol
3. My favourite bands as a teenager were Abba, Bay City Rollers (yes Julie) and I love Suzi Q.
4. I have been married twice. My first husband was in the RAAF and my 2nd husband is too. Gotta love a man in uniform....any man looks so much sexier in uniform...hehehe
5. I am a typical Scorpion. My ex mother in law is a scorpion, my ex Nan is a scorpion and my daughter is a scorpion. And we all get on so well together.
6. My grandmother is Aboriginal - yes black aboriginal...lol...my grandfather is white English background - and if you see me and my family you will never imagine that I belong to my family...lol...I am the black sheep of the family.
7. I cannot live without my daily fix of cyber friends. I turned the computer on when I wake up and it doesn't go off til I go to sleep. I love my online friends.
I now tag.... Anita...Kate...Cath...Sharon...Tammy...Roslyn...Vickie...
Monday, February 11, 2008
Saturday, February 9, 2008
Well I am getting there....I started out with good intentions of having this done with Bonnie and the girls at Quiltville but alas work got in the way. I have now got all the strips sewn together. I am so pleased that this was all used from fabric in my stash. Wow, I think there is a about 5 yards because I added extra strips to each row to make it longer. Now to work on the borders.
Friday, February 8, 2008
Wednesday, February 6, 2008
These stitchery BOM's from Capricorn Quilts are so enjoyable to do. I can sit in front of the tv with hubby and do with without any hassles.
Sunday, February 3, 2008
Today I am sewing along with Bonnies Super Bowl Bargello group. Bonnie decided she had to get another Scrappy Bargello quilt done so put out an invite for us all to sew along with her. They will all be sewing tomorrow with the time difference but I have got my strips cut and am sewing them up into rows in between checking emails and reading blogs. They go hand in hand. My 2 favourite things to do at the moment.